This list of questions and answers stems from the hundreds of questions or concerns brought to the Home Owners Association and/or Space Coast Property Management from owners, tenants, or the real estate community. We hope to provide clarity for many of the owners or tenants that have received incorrect information in the past from other owners, the developer, neighbors, or real estate agents. 

Amenities and Fees

1. How do I get a gate key for the pool? What time does it open and close?
Pool times- Dusk to Dawn. Contact the property management company at 321-733-3382 to receive a gate key. Replacement or an extra key will be charged $10/key. . 

2. How do I pay my homeowners dues?
Homeowners receive a coupon book for the fiscal year. You can auto-pay from your bank, pay-in-person at the management office or, directly mail. Contact property management at 321-733-3382 for additional information. Assessments are $428 a quarter for single family homes; $559 a quarter for villas.

3. What are the limitations on pets? 
See the Declarations

4. Can I use my garage for storage or recreational use?
​NO. Garages should be used for parking personal vehicles only. If you own a second vehicle, it should be parked in the resident’s driveway.

5. Can I park a boat, jet ski, or trailer in the complex?
No trailers, boats, motorhomes, etc. are permitted in the complex.

6. Where is it okay to park?
Parking permitted in owners' garage and driveway, not on or across sidewalks. Under no circumstances is it okay to park in/on the grass.  

7. If I am parked illegally and am towed, who is responsible for the cost of the tow?
Ample warnings will be given before a vehicle is towed. If there is failure to comply with the parking regulations the vehicle will be towed at the owner’s expense.  

8. Is anyone allowed to attend the Board meetings?
Yes, any member of the community is welcome to attend and speak at Board meetings. However, only owners have the ability to vote.

9. Gate access- Gate access is limited to owners and properly registered tenants. If you are having issues with openers or codes after replacing your clicker battery please contact SCPM at 321-733-3382 or email the property manager at

Maintenance Responsibilities

1. Who is responsible for street light bulb replacement?
FPL will replace street lights. Please contact them with the appropriate street light pole number. 

2. Who is responsible for insurance? 
Each owner is responsible for insurance for their home or villa. 

3. Who is responsible for the road and sidewalk in the association? 
The roads are responsibility of Fairway Crossings Bayside Lakes HOA.  

4. Can I make changes to the outside of my unit?
Any changes to the exterior of your home need to process an ARC application. 


1. Can Fairway Crossings HOA quickly force owners to comply with the covenants? 
A friendly violation letter is sent to correct issue. Then if a second letter is sent for same violation and it is not resolved by homeowner the violation is reviewed by board and then may be sent to the Association Attorney and attorney fees are added to the owners account.

2. What should I do if I receive a covenant enforcement violation letter? 
Please address the item listed on the letter immediately and return the response sheet to SCPM. If you are a Landlord or “snowbird” we suggest you find someone to address items in your absence. 

3. Is the Fairway Crossings HOA responsible for domestic conflicts between different owners or tenants? 
Generally, this is best handled by the police for cases where threats have been made, as they have the power behind the law. 

4. I have a commercial vehicle. Is that allowed?
No commercial vehicles are permitted. 

5. Can I put a “for sale” or “for rent” sign on my property?
Please refer to the Handbook.

6. Is the Fairway Crossings HOA responsible for enforcing public area rules?
If a person or guest abuses the recreation area/pool, they may lose their privileges.  

7. Should Space Coast Property Management and the Board deal with my tenants if they have issues with my tenants following the rules, need assistance with pool access, or have concerns? 
SCPM and the Board have a covenant with the owner of each property and Florida Statutes require communication with the owners. Homeowners must provide renter information including names of persons in home and kind(s) of pet(s) to the HOA. Owners that lease their homes need to act as the landlord and provide a conduit for information with the tenants as the HOA sends legal notices or information to the owner’s address of record. In other words, if you receive a notice from the association, you as the owner should act upon it rather than assume your tenant has received it. Owners are ultimately responsible for the actions of their guests, tenants, and visitors.

8. Is the Fairway Crossings HOA is responsible for communicating to the real estate community which homes are for sale or in foreclosure? 
The association is not tasked with this duty and bears no responsibility for the information.

9. Does Space Coast Property Management make decisions for the community? 
SCPM is the administrative arm of the Board of Directors. They follow the orders of the Board or policies set in place by the Board of Directors. SCPM does not have any governing authority over community processes.

Fairway Crossings at Bayside Lakes
elcome to Fairway Crossings Frequently Asked Questions
Fairway Crossings at Bayside Lakes        Rangewood Dr SE, Palm Bay, FL 32909       All Rights Reserved       2016 
No pictures, images, files or verbiage can be used without written approval from the Association